Wersja polska English Deutsch
  • The Observation Tower at the Marina in Charzykowy
  • The Marina in Charzykowy
  • The Interior of the Annunciation Church in Chojnice
  • The Old Market Square in Chojnice – a View to the Town Hall, the Annunciation Church and the Basilica
  • The Mechanical Auroch at the Człuchowska Tower
  • Lake Jeleń in the Tuchola Woods National Park
  • The Virgin at the Fountain in the Old Market Square in Chojnice
  • A Clearing at the Historic Oak "Bartuś"
  • Canoes in Swornegacie
  • The Steering Wheel over the Entrance to the Tavern in Małe Swornegacie
  • The Entrance to the Minor Basilica in Chojnice
  • The Didactic Path over Lake Jeleń in the Tuchola Woods National Park
  • Winter in the Tuchola Woods
  • A Hut in Nierostowo in Winter
  • Konarzyny in Winter
  • Winter in the Tuchola Woods
  • The Street Theatre Festival – "Chojnice Fiesta"
Mapa Europy
Mapa województwa

Powiat Chojnicki

Promocja Regionu Chojnickiego
Interaktywna mapa powiatu
Informacja turystyczna
Back

Kashubian Route - RED ROUTE

Your location? (street, city, country):
Charzykowy – (1,0 km) Stary Młyn – (3,8 km) Funka – (5,8 km) Bachorze – (10,5 km) Małe Swornegacie
– (13,6 km) Chociński Młyn – (17,7 km) Swornegacie – (22,4 km) Drzewicz – (28,3 km) Wielkie Chełmy – (31,9 km)
Czyczkowy – (33,4 km) Brusy-Jaglie – (34,6 km) Brusy – (37,9 km) Kosobudy – (43,5 km) Chłopowy – (46,7 km)
Bielawy – (50,9 km) Sienica – (55,8 km) Czersk
 
 Level of difficultyeasy
 Time to cover - about 6-7 hours
 
The route starts at the promenade in Charzykowy, at the crossing of Kormoranów and Łabędzia streets.
Charzykowy – a large holiday resort located on the Charzykowskie Lake, a birthplace of Polish
sailing. The original settlement was situated at the south-western side of the lake. On Zamkowa Góra, the
Teutonic Order founded a subsidiary castle called Buchwald, belonging to the Commandry of Człuchów.
In 1350 the location of Charzykowy took place. At the beginning of the 20th century tourism started to
develop, in 1912 the German Sailing Association was founded, and in 1922 Otto Weiland founded the first
Sailing Club in independent Poland.
The locality of Charzykowy is situated within the terrain of the Zaborski Landscape Park. It is located in
the area of the Charzykowska Plain and includes the north-western part of the Tuchola Forests and a small
section of Kartuzy Lakeland. The majority of the terrain is constituted by a gravel-and-sand outwash plain,
created by the melting glacier. A valuable element of the landscape are oligotrophic lobelia lakes. There
are 47 lakes, most of them are ribbon lakes or kettle lakes. In the forests of the Zaborski Landscape Park,
pine forests dominate, which grow on poor podzol soil. In the southern part of the Park, within the terrain
of moraine hills, there are natural beech forests growing, with rich undergrowth.
Going along Kormoranów street, we get to the road from Charzykowy to Swornegacie. At that point
a paved bicycle path of polbruk begins and it runs
parallel to the left side of the road. Then it changes
into a dirt road of gravel and clay, within built-up
areas it is paved again. In the settlement of Stary
Młyn, there are several monumental trees, as for
instance poplars, at that place the path runs to the
right side of the road. When we enter the village of
Funka, we go to the left side of the road again.
The settlement existed here as early as in the 14th
century, and its name was derived from the surname
of Funk. In 1936 Janina Bartkiewicz founded a Scout
Water Centre here, and in 1996 it was transformed into a Scout Centre of Ecological Education.
The next locality on our way is Bachorze.
 Bachorze – a holiday resort village, mentioned in old documents from 1772, and in 1812 legionnaires,
going to Moscow with the Napoleonic army, put up a cross here.
For a while, we enter the terrain of ‘Bory Tucholskie’ National Park.
‘Bory Tucholskie’ National Park , founded in 1996, includes within its range the parts of Bory Tucholskie
– one of the largest in Poland forest complexes, which are valuable with respect to nature, landscape, and
culture. The Park covers an area of 4,613.04 ha, and it has a protective buffer zone of 12,980.52 ha. The
area of ‘Bory Tucholskie’ National Park is covered mainly by forest (forest ecosystems constitute over 83%
of the total area of the Park). The prevailing type of soil are podzol soils, which is the reason that there
are mainly coniferous forest habitats, with the very characteristic dry pine forest and fresh pine forest.
Water reservoirs have a significant influence on the natural assets of the Park. There are as many as 21
various kinds of lakes, including very precious lobelia, dystrophic, and chara lakes. Within the flora of the
Park, a significant number of relict species is distributed. These are among others: the twinflower, the slimstem
reed grass, and the adder’s-tongue. Numerous protected species deserve attention, as for instance:
lycopodiophyta, sundews, orchids, as well as a largely represented group of lichens. The most precious
species of fauna are among others: the eagle-owl, the white-tailed eagle, the kingfisher, the great crested
newt, the greater mouse-eared bat, and the ladybird spider.
We pass the mouth of the Struga Siedmiu Jezior flowing into the Charzykowskie Lake and we get to
the right side of the road. From the car park on our left, we have a panorama of the Charzykowskie
Lake. We reach the holiday resort locality of Małe Swornegacie, where we go back to the left side of
the road.
 Małe Swornegacie – in Medieval documents of Augustinian Brothers the locality is mentioned as
Zwierzyniec, its present name appeared in the second half of the 18th century. The locality is picturesquely
situated in an isthmus between the lakes of Długie and Karsińskie, as well as Charzykowskie.
We run over the drawbridge on the Brda river constructed within the Kaszubska Marszruta program,
which connects the Charzykowskie and the Długie Lakes. We go through the forest to the settlement
of Chociński Młyn, where we turn right. On our left we have the yellow route from Charzykowy
joining our trail. Along the trail, it is possible to get to the black Konarzyńska loop. We pass the relics
of the water lumber-mill on the Chocina river, which was created in the 19th century, and was rebuilt
in 1923. We run along a dirt path at the left side of the road no 236 Konarzyny - Brusy. We reach the
village of Swornegacie.
 Swornegacie – a large holiday resort located on the Karsińskie Lake. The relatively unconventional
name of the village is derived, according to a hypothesis, from a combination of two words: ‘swora,’ which
means a plait braided of pine roots, and ‘gacenie,’ which means stabilising lake banks. Swornegacie is
one of the oldest Kashubian villages, mentioned in 1272 in documents of Pope Gregory X. During the
German occupation of World War II, the inhabitants of the village were evicted, and the terrain was
transformed into a military exercise area, after the war the village was rebuilt finally.
We go through Swornegacie, along the bank of the Karsińskie Lake, over the bridge on the Brda
river, and by the Kashubian House of Folk Handicraft and the church of St. Barbara.
Kashubian House of Folk Handicraft with an exposition of old household facilities and folk objects of
arts. The neo-Baroque church of St. Barbara was
built within the years of 1912-16, according to the
design of Fritz Kunst.
We enter a forest, a bicycle path leads us to the
next holiday resort – Drzewicz.
 Drzewicz – in the half of the 17th century there
was an inn located by the ford on the Brda river.
After World War II holiday centres started to appear.
A forester’s lodge from the beginning of the 20th
century has been preserved.
The path runs to the left side of the road, we cross
the Brda river at its isthmus between the Łąckie
and Dybrzk Lakes. The yellow route leaves us,
turning to the right, to the village of Męcikał. Our
path runs through a forest for a longer while, and when we leave the forest, we can see the village
of Wielkie Chełmy ahead. From now on, the surface of the path changes into asphalt, and in built-up
areas it is paved.
 Wielkie Chełmy – a village mentioned in old documents from 1344, in the 19th century it was
a property of the Sikorski family, resilient farmers and activists within the Polish resistance movement.
Within the years of 1852-53, they constructed a neo-Gothic mansion house, rebuilt at the beginning
of the 20th century. Here we leave the Zaborski Landscape Park and we get to the right side of the
road. At the place where the village of Czyczkowy begins, we go back to the left side of the road, and
when we leave the village, we go to the right side of the road again.
 Czyczkowy – a quite small village, where Józef Jankowski was born, a priest and patron of the city
and the commune of Brusy, as well as of the local primary school.
We pass the settlement of Brusy-Jaglie, where there is the Chata Kaszubska (Kashubian Cottage),
relating to the traditional building style of the southern part of Kashubia, constructed in 2005.
Nearby, there is a exhibition of Józef Chełmowski’s works, the late folk artist. At the entrance to
the seemingly small farm yard, a visitor can see a fascinating, created by the artist, world of Kashubian
peculiarities, sculptures, painted beehives, musical
instruments, and inventions. At the entrance to the
city of Brusy, the bicycle path finishes.
 Brusy – a city of about 5000 inhabitants, which
is the centre of the Zaborów region inhabited by the
ethnic group of Zaboracy Krëbanie. The name of the
city is derived from the word ‘brus,’ which means
a millstone. The original village of Brusy, mentioned
in old documents from 1324, was located under
Chełmno law in 1351, and from 1466 it was a royal
property. In the second half of the19 th century Brusy
was the centre of the Kashubian movement. After
1945 the locality expanded its size and in 1988 it was
granted city rights. The most valuable historic object of the city is the church of All Saints. The neo-
Romanesque church was constructed according to a design of Adolf Dankert from Brandenburg, within
the years of 1876-79, on the initiative of Augustyn Wika-Czarnowski, a priest. The size of the church is
impressive: the length of 61 metres, the width of 26 metres, and the height of 12.5 metres. It is one of
the largest churches in Pomerania. Inside, there is a Baroque altar of the Brethren Unity, from the 17th
century.
We go through Brusy, along the street of Karnowskiego, Derdowskiego, and Wojska Polskiego, up
to the roundabout. Here we meet the green route, running from the village of Męcikał, and with
both the routes we run along the streets of Armii Krajowej, Targowa, Ogrodowa, and Nad Dworcem,
to get to the local railway station. We turn into Dworcowa street and we go along a paved bicycle
path on the left side. We go to the village of Kosobudy, which we cross along the streets of św. Jana
Nepomucena and Czerska.
 Kosobudy – the village existed as early as in the 13th century, in 1330 the Teutonic Order created
a commune administration here, which included a significant part of the Zaborski Land. The neo-Gothic
church of Most Holy Heart of Jesus was constructed by the Evangelic community in 1871. Opposite the
church there is the old pastor’s house, the village also has buildings from the end of the19 th century
preserved, as well as the figure of John of Nepomuk from 1925. In the building of the local school there
is the Regional Chamber.
We pass the church of Most Holy Heart of Jesus and we go on along a road without a separate
bicycle path now. At the crossroads with the road to Kinice, the green route separates from ours,
and it runs to Chojnice. We pass the monument of Victims of World War II, as well as the settlement
of Chłopowy. We go over a bridge on the small river of Niechwaszcz and on, quite monotonously,
through a forest. We pass the settlement of Bielawy and crossroads leading to hamlets of Kwieki
and Sienica. After a longer while, we leave the forest and cross the rail line Czersk – Bąk, as well as
Wrzosowa street, and we enter the city of Czersk.
 Czersk – a city of 9,800 inhabitants, located in the eastern part of the district of Chojnice. The locality
was mentioned in old documents from 1466, as a royal village located in the Tuchola administrative
area of crown lands. From the 17th century the locality was the seat of so called Czersk Economy, which
was a complex of crown areas leased to nobleman’s families. The locality developed when the railway
from Berlin to Królewiec and Gdańsk was opened within the years of 1871-73, later there was a railway
junction functioning. After its return to Poland in 1920, Czersk was granted town privileges in 1926.
Along Lipowa street we go under a railway bridge of the line of Chojnice – Tczew, and then , along
Kolejowa street, we reach the railway station.
From here, along Dworcowa street, we go to the
town centre, where our route finishes by the Town
Administration Office and the church of St. Mary
Magdalene.
The modernistic town hall with neo-Gothic features
was built about 1926. The church of St. Mary
Magdalene – a neo-Gothic temple, was constructed
within the years of 1910-13, at the spot of a former
wooden construction. Inside the church there is
a valuable main altar from 1611, moved here from
Pelplin, with the painting of the Holy Trinity by
Herman Hahn.

 


Wszystkie prawa zastrzeżone. Promocja Regionu Chojnickiego sp z o.o. 2018. Realizacja serwisu: R-net.