Wersja polska English Deutsch
  • The Observation Tower at the Marina in Charzykowy
  • The Marina in Charzykowy
  • The Interior of the Annunciation Church in Chojnice
  • The Old Market Square in Chojnice – a View to the Town Hall, the Annunciation Church and the Basilica
  • The Mechanical Auroch at the Człuchowska Tower
  • Lake Jeleń in the Tuchola Woods National Park
  • The Virgin at the Fountain in the Old Market Square in Chojnice
  • A Clearing at the Historic Oak "Bartuś"
  • Canoes in Swornegacie
  • The Steering Wheel over the Entrance to the Tavern in Małe Swornegacie
  • The Entrance to the Minor Basilica in Chojnice
  • The Didactic Path over Lake Jeleń in the Tuchola Woods National Park
  • Winter in the Tuchola Woods
  • A Hut in Nierostowo in Winter
  • Konarzyny in Winter
  • Winter in the Tuchola Woods
  • The Street Theatre Festival – "Chojnice Fiesta"
Mapa Europy
Mapa województwa

Powiat Chojnicki

Promocja Regionu Chojnickiego
Interaktywna mapa powiatu
Informacja turystyczna
Back

Kashubian Route -GREEN ROUTE

Chojnice – (3,8 km) Klawkowo – (7,2 km) Powałki – (10,4 km) Kłodawka – (16,0 km) Mylof – (18,0 km)
Okręglik – (20,7 km) Giełdon – (25,0 km) Czarniż – (28,8 km) Kinice – (30,3 km) Kosobudy – (33,6 km) Brusy – (37,0 km)
Żabno – (41,8 km) Męcikał
 
Level of difficultyaverage
Time to cover – about 5-6 hours
 
The route starts at the railway station in Chojnice.
Chojnice
A district city of 40 thousand inhabitants, called
the ‘Gate of Pomerania,’ for the reason of its
location. The city was first mentioned in 1275.
Shortly after Pomerania had been captured
by the Teutonic Knights in 1309, the former
village was granted town privileges. On the 18th
September 1454 the first battle of the Thirteen
Years’ War took place here. When the city was
returned to Poland, there was a 200-year period
of its development, in the 16th century the
Reformation movement flourished. The time
of prosperity finished at the half of the 17th
century. From the end of the 19th century the city
started to develop again, in 1871 the railway line
Ostbahn Berlin – Königsberg reached Chojnice.
On the 31st January 1920, according to the resolution of the Treaty of Versailles, Polish troops entered
the city. In 1939 the Germans committed a crime of mass execution in the so called Dolina Śmierci
(Death Valley), located at the edge of the Lasek Miejski (Municipal Forest). On the 4th February 1945,
Soviet troops entered the city, 45% of the city centre was ruined. After the war, the area of the city
extended, several new districts were built, as well as an industrial district.
The Basilica of the Beheading of Saint John the Baptist, built of brick within the years of 1340-60, the
structure represents the so called Cracovian School of Gothic architecture, within the years of 1903-06
an impressive neo-Gothic portal was attached. Next to the basilica, there is the Old Presbytery, which
can be considered as the oldest dwelling house in Chojnice. The Baroque church of Annunciation was
built by Jesuits within the period of 1733-44 as a part of a larger complex, including a monastery and
college, in the interior the late-Baroque decorations and the illusionistic dome have been preserved.
Next to it, there is the house of the Jesuite College from the period of 1744-55.
The Old Augustinian church and monastery - the present buildings were constructed in late-Baroque
style within the period of 1786-94. The Town Hall in the middle of the Central Market Square was
erected in the period of 1901-03 at the spot of a former one from the 14th century. The neo-Gothic façade
of red brick has modernistic decorations and a stepped gable with pinnacles. The Old Town preserved
its street layout, characteristic for cities located under the Chełmno Law, with a chequered pattern of
streets and the market square in the middle. The buildings of the Market Square were seriously damaged
during warfare in 1945. The preserved tenement houses come from the half of the 19th century and they
present characteristic features of Baroque and late-Classical style. From the western side, and partially
from the south and west, the city of Chojnice is surrounded by defensive walls. They were constructed
in the half of the 14th century, with three gates (Młyńska, Człuchowska, and Gdańska), as well as
22 turrets, some of which have been preserved until the present times.
The Człuchowska Gate was built in the first half of the 14th century and now it houses the seat of the
Museum of History and Ethnography.
We go along Warszawska and Świętopełka streets up to the main street called Kościerska, which is
a part of the road no 235 to Kościerzyna. At edge of Chojnice, a bicycle path appears on the right,
and at the entrance to Klawkowo it gets to the left side. We go along an asphalt path through
Klawkowo and we cross the railway line Chojnice – Kościerzyna, as well as the crossing with the
road to Krojanty. The further direction is marked by small villages of Powałki and Zbeniny, which is
located a bit aside.
 Zbeniny – a village mentioned in old
documents from 1311-17. The late-Classical
mansion house comes from 1857 and it was
rebuilt in 1926, at present it is ruined.
When we have left the settlement of
Kłodawka, we go into a forest and ride apart
from the path parallel to the road, which
goes further with the black linking route to
the village of Męcikał. We turn into a local
asphalt road, which goes to the direction of
Mylof. Before we enter the village, we meet
the yellow route from Czersk and we go along
both routes, along a shortcut of a beaten track (for a description of Mylof see the description of
the yellow route). We pass the dam on the Brda river and we part with the yellow route, which
runs to Męcikał. We go along a local asphalt
road through the settlement of Okręglik
to the next one called Giełdon. On our left
we see the lake of Trzemeszno, we turn into
a rubble road, into the direction of a forester’s
lodge and a shrine. W go along a rubble road
through a forest, passing the block-house
settlement of Leśnictwo Giełdon. We reach
an asphalt road, which we go along through
the village of Czarniż. At the edge of the builtup
area we turn into a rubble road again,
and the road leads us among meadows by
the river called Niechwaszcz, where we can
observe rare species of plants and animals.
We reach the village of Kinice, where we can
see the asphalt surface. Along Główna and Leśna streets, we go into the direction of Kosobudy (for
a description of Kosobudy see the description of the red route). We meet the red route from Czersk,
and we go along both of them into Czerska street through Kosobudy. In św. Jana Nepomucena
street, there is a bicycle path on the right side of the road. We go along the path to Brusy (for
a description see the description of the red route), Dworcowa and Nad Dworcem streets lead us
to the railway station, and when we go along
Ogrodowa, Targowa, and Armii Krajowej
streets, we go up to a roundabout. Here, the
red route leaves us to run to Charzykowy. We
go along an asphalt bicycle route at the right
side of Gdańska street and we leave Brusy.
We pass Brusy-Wybudowanie, and before
a railway crossing, we go a little apart from
the inter-regional road, to get back to it in
Żabno. There are ruins of a late-Classical
mansion house from the 19th century. Along
a short paved section we cross the railway line Chojnice – Kościerzyna and by the Żabno
k. Chojnic railway station we go deep into a
forest, we pass by a cemetery of Soviet soldiers. Now we go along a rubble path at the left side of
the road no 235 Kościerzyna – Chojnice, which leads us to the village of Męcikał (for a description
see the description of the yellow route), where our route finishes.

 


Wszystkie prawa zastrzeżone. Promocja Regionu Chojnickiego sp z o.o. 2018. Realizacja serwisu: R-net.